Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main spring and trigger adjustments

+13
rich.tullo
Froneck
DA/SA
r_zerr
chiz1180
NukeMMC
javaduke
Texasref
bruce martindale
jjfitch
jglenn21
Tripscape
hengehold
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Main spring and trigger adjustments  - Page 4 Empty Main spring and trigger adjustments

Post by hengehold 1/12/2024, 6:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

I recently built a 45cal 1911. Used EGW kit for hammer/sear/disconnect or. Initially I experienced some light strikes (~30% failure rate) increased the main spring incrementally to 19, 20, & 21 lbs springs. Trigger felt great with a 19# spring but had to increase spring weight up to 21# before light strikes have been eliminated. Now the trigger does not feel great anymore: feels much heavier and somewhat clunky compared to the lighter springs. Is there something I can do to offset this increase in trigger weight/sear engagement weight? 

Maybe adjust one of the fingers on the flat spring behind the grip safety to adjust sear & hammer engagement? 

-Trevor

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Main spring and trigger adjustments  - Page 4 Empty Re: Main spring and trigger adjustments

Post by hengehold 1/27/2024, 5:53 pm

Froneck wrote:Actually that is not the head space, that would be the distance to the face of the slide. Put thin strips of paper in between the hood and slide, one at a time and close the slide until paper is tight. How many strips were needed to have a tight fit?

I put a piece of paper between the back of the barrel hood and the slide to see how many pieces of paper will fit as you suggested. The gun with the light strikes will not go into battery with one sheet of paper inserted without me shoving hard on the back of the slide to get it into battery the last 1/10” or so. Once I got the slide closed completely and barrel into battery with paper between back edge of barrel hood and slide face it was kind of locked shut and took some significant extra effort to open it back up. 

I also compared this to the two AccuracyX 1911 BE guns that I have and they behaved in a similar way. I do not have any issues with the AXI pistols so I am using them as a baseline to compare against/ control group.

hengehold

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4