Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romeo 5 reviews

4 posters

Go down

Romeo 5 reviews Empty Romeo 5 reviews

Post by Texasref 5/12/2024, 7:15 am

Hello all.
Looking for some reviews of the Romeo 5 shot in competitions. I'll be using it on my 45. Interested in the following observations from actual users.

Does it hold up to the recoil?
How does the dot compare to a UltraDot II?
How visible is the dot on outdoor ranges?

Can't think of any other questions right now. 
I'm very interested in what those that have/use them think in Bullseye.

Thanks in advance.

Texasref

Back to top Go down

Romeo 5 reviews Empty Re: Romeo 5 reviews

Post by JRV 5/12/2024, 8:10 am

I can answer a couple of these questions, but have no firsthand experience on a .45. I shoot a Romeo5 on my .22 conversion after a multiple Ultradots died on me at matches.

The dot is daylight bright and round (seems to be a decent emitter, probably a Holosun emitter). Adjustments have been repeatable and consistent. The glass has a little visible edge distortion when the tube is not aligned and centered on the bull, but it’s less than my Ultradots or my Japanese PDP2. No visible parallax at the long line unless the dot is at the edge of the glass.

All I can say with respect to recoil—I know two shooters at my club with comparable Chinese Primary Arms and Holosun optics on their .45 wadguns. Both optics have been in use on slide-mounts for over four seasons without issue.

JRV

Back to top Go down

Post by Texasref 5/12/2024, 8:24 am

Thanks for the reply.
I have a Ultradot now. When practicing indoors I can have the filters off and brightness turned down to 2. Move outside, and the filters go back on and the brightness turned up to 7-8.

So if there is no problem seeing the dot outside, that's a plus.

Texasref

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 5/12/2024, 12:17 pm

Sig makes stout optics. The Romeo 1 has demonstrated holding zero over 10000 rounds of 230 Ball 45 ACP.

https://www.sigsauer.com/romeo1-1x30mm-reflex-sight.html

The Romeo 5 is a “rifle” red dot tho they work well on pistols… although the reflex style are designed and built specifically for pistols. They have a specific technology to hold zero on those.

My suggestion is to use it and see what happens. I’ve used one on an airpistol and a 22…and many carbines. Worth a shot.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmysix 5/14/2024, 4:19 pm

I got one from Brownell's, going to put it on a Ruger PCC 9MM as the iron sights suck, have not shot it yet.
Cmysix
Cmysix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down