Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

roll trigger or two stage trigger?

4 posters

Go down

roll trigger or two stage trigger? Empty roll trigger or two stage trigger?

Post by CrankyThunder 3/1/2015, 5:57 pm

Ok guys, I have a serious inquiry for you to consider:

I have been shooting a two stage trigger for years and have come tantalizingly close to master rating but have not been able to bring home the bacon. 

Was introducing a new shooter to my team who just purchased a used walther pistol with a very high quality roll type trigger.  He asked me to shoot it and give him my impressions. 

First shot was a six at 12 oclock, I was not ready for the sear to break. 

Next four shots were 10's................whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took my hat off, rolled up my sleeves, and got to work. 

next mag had four tens and a nine. 

Double Whoa!!!!!

Came home and started twisting trigger screws on my pardini new bullseye sp. 

shot some targets out the back door, results were very impressive.  Like master impressive!

Got me to wondering, I was shooting a two stage trigger which is easily adjusted on the pardini. 

shot better with a roll trigger, again easily adjusted on the pardini. 
I am well aware of the new trigger/gun phenomenon when shooting a unfamiliar firearm but jees..............

leads me to ask what the masters triggers are like. 

so please, state what type of trigger you have and your classification.

Regards,
Crankster

Last edited by CrankyThunder on 3/1/2015, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspellings added to verify authorship by engineer)
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

roll trigger or two stage trigger? Empty Re: roll trigger or two stage trigger?

Post by TampaTim 3/1/2015, 7:29 pm

Cranky,
I have a Pardini HP that I have tried all kinds of trigger settings on it. You can really do just about anything with their trigger. I use the two stages first stage has about 1.5 lbs and the second just under 3 lbs. I have a little roll in the second stage as I like to know when it is going to go bang. If I have too much roll my rapid fire scores suffer. No roll my slow fire scores go down. I place the edge of the trigger at the first joint of my trigger finger. My grip angle is at the same degree as a 1911.
I shoot a Hammerli 208s that is about the same set up but second stage is set at 2.5 lbs. My 45 has a trigger with creep in it because it is just a stock gun without a fancy aftermarket trigger.

TampaTim

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid 3/1/2015, 10:32 pm

Both. I have a trailside with Larry's adjustable trigger. It's set up as a 2 stage with a short roll on the 2nd stage. My scores went up about 10 points immediately when I replaced the stock trigger. On my 45's, have a short roll, and I don't bend the tabs on the trigger bow to reduce take up. I put a little extra tension on the center leg of the sear spring so it's kind of like a 2stage.
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 3/2/2015, 9:51 am

its what ever works best for you is the one to use
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down