Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volquartsen vs. Ruger Mark III target

3 posters

Go down

Volquartsen vs. Ruger Mark III target Empty Volquartsen vs. Ruger Mark III target

Post by Mark_Trulock 1/25/2016, 7:00 am

Hi
I have a 5 1/2" Ruger Mark III target with a Volquartsen trigger job and I have a 6" all Volquartsen version of the same gun.  The Volquartsen has a VC target frame, Volquartsen Bolt and LLV Competition Upper with a compensator.  Both guns have the same red dot sight.  The problem is that I consistently shoot better with the Ruger. The trigger is the same but the Ruger feels heavier and more stable.  Right now the Volquartsen is an expensive paper weight.  

Any ideas as to what I should do next?  Can I add weight to the VQ?  Where would I add the weight?  I've been thinking of selling the VQ and just buying a used 5 1/2" Ruger Mark III target and then get a Volquartsen trigger job That way my guns would be exactly the same.  Any ideas?
Thanks
Mark

Mark_Trulock

Back to top Go down

Volquartsen vs. Ruger Mark III target Empty Re: Volquartsen vs. Ruger Mark III target

Post by Jwhelan939 1/25/2016, 7:54 am

I shoot the volqaurtsen scorpion and love it, but if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. I have the 6" with the comp on the end. The comp does help balance it out a little. I also played around with moving the dot front to back trying the feel with the weight shifts. You could try that, but ultimately, if you don't feel comfortable with it, it isn't doing you any good. Hope that helps a little. It's an incredibly accurate fun. I especially love the volqaurtsen volthane grips.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Volquartsen vs. Ruger Mark III target Empty Re: Volquartsen vs. Ruger Mark III target

Post by Jwhelan939 1/25/2016, 7:56 am

Sorry, I missed that you already have the comp.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Saladman 1/25/2016, 4:11 pm

Maybe you should switch the Ruger frame to the Volquartsen and try it...  

Which VQ model specifically do you have btw?

Saladman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Trulock 1/25/2016, 4:29 pm

Hi
I've got the VC Target Frame, MKIII Style, Black, I got a good deal from Midway USA.  Thanks all for the ideas, i will switch the receivers and hope for the best.

Thanks again
Mark

Mark_Trulock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down