Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ransom Rental

5 posters

Go down

Ransom Rental Empty Ransom Rental

Post by Bigtrout Fri May 18, 2018 2:22 pm

Is there anyone within 75 miles of Burlington, VT who would consider renting their Ransom Rest for a week or two?  I'd be happy to leave a hefty deposit for it.
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Ransom Rental Empty Re: Ransom Rental

Post by Boxturtle Sun May 20, 2018 11:29 am

Hi Bigtrout,

I'm near Richmond, VA, so I can't help you.  But I have been wondering about a similar thought.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could create a network "lending library" for Ransom Rest inserts?  Many of us only need a particular insert for an isolated test.  If someone needed one of the inserts I have, I would be willing to lend them if the borrower paid the postage both ways (ca. $16 for two USPS Flat Rate boxes).  The borrower could email a mailing label in the form of a PDF, I slap it on a box (free from USPS), drop it in the mail.  A couple of weeks later a box arrives in my mail containing my insert set.  We would need to set up some form of escrow account so the borrower can guarantee he will return the insert.
Boxturtle
Boxturtle

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Sun May 20, 2018 4:35 pm

We had that once, for Norman Wongs optics set until a bum kept them.

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigtrout Mon May 21, 2018 8:09 am

Let's see how much interest it generates.  I like the escrow idea and would be amenable to such an arrangement.  

Dave
Bigtrout
Bigtrout

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wells Mon May 21, 2018 9:09 am

My shooting is so bad that I don't deserve a Ransom Rest to verify guns or loads, but if I was interested in borrowing/renting a RR & grips from someone that owned one I  and be willing to pay should expect to pay a serious deposit to verify it's return in the same condition that it left the owner in, AND postage both ways, and a hell of a thank-you.

Gary Wells

Back to top Go down

Post by USSR Mon May 21, 2018 9:24 am

Rather than renting the RR from someone within 75 miles of you, why not see if you can visit someone local with a RR.   Seems like someone would be more likely to do that for you.

Don
USSR
USSR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down