Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark III Volquartsen Trigger Weight

+4
james r chapman
Jon Eulette
willnewton
devildog
8 posters

Go down

Mark III Volquartsen Trigger Weight Empty Mark III Volquartsen Trigger Weight

Post by devildog Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:54 am

I just added the Volquartsen Pistol Competition Kit to my Mark III.  Took disconnector out, etc.  It was a pain for a non-mechanically-inclined person like me, but I got it done.

The pistol is intended for CMP EIC matches.  Problem is the kit reduced the trigger weight to 1 lb, 9 oz.  Upon advice from Volquartsen I put the original trigger plunger spring back in, and it increased it a bit, but probably not enough.

Anyone know any other way to increase the trigger weight slightly?  I'm thinking of bending the sear spring next.

Thanks,
devildog
devildog

Back to top Go down

Mark III Volquartsen Trigger Weight Empty Re: Mark III Volquartsen Trigger Weight

Post by willnewton Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:28 pm

You were able to measure the trigger weight at 1lb,  9oz. before the change, but you can't measure it afterwards to see if you still have it too low?  Maybe you had to borrow the tester from someone?

I had the same low trigger weight problem with the VQ parts, changed the plunger spring back to stock and it added back that vital 6-7 oz. so it breaks at a gnat's ass over the legal 2lbs.

Just saying to measure again to verify where you are actually at on the trigger weight before moving forward to fix something that might not need fixing.  The new trigger is gonna feel wider, and pull smoother and may only seem "lighter" than you were used to before all the new innards were installed.  It could be sitting right where it needs to be.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mark III Volquartsen Trigger Weight Empty Re: Mark III Volquartsen Trigger Weight

Post by devildog Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:39 pm

Yes, very observant.  I have to drive across town to get to a gauge.  I will go test it, but still feels very light.
devildog
devildog

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Bend sear spring to add more weight.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:27 pm

Not legal without mag disconnect
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:30 pm

I thought they just changed the rules on that?
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:43 pm

They did!  Disconnect is not part of the safety mechanism.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:56 pm

Guess I'll have review the new rules changes.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by desben Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:23 pm

When I first put the Volquartsen parts in my pistol, it was around 2.5lbs. But after 2 years of shooting, it dropped below 2lbs. Adding the original trigger return spring made things legal again. I wish you could get these trigger return springs in various weight so you could fine-tune the trigger to the desired weight. It is commonly done with S&W revolvers.
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:56 pm

This may make some of you cringe ... but I put a very tightly folded (or crushed) piece of paper down inside that trigger return spring hole in the trigger. It compressed the spring enough to give me that little bit I needed to get back above two pounds. I only used the VQ sear and cleaned up the stock hammer. I also have the VQ trigger but that's it. No disconnector/connector and the magazine disconnect has been removed. I check it on a gauge and it seems good consistent enough.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Mine was good again when I put the original spring back. Don't change anything till you recheck it.
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by devildog Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:33 pm

Tim:H11 wrote:This may make some of you cringe ... but I put a very tightly folded (or crushed) piece of paper down inside that trigger return spring hole in the trigger. It compressed the spring enough to give me that little bit I needed to get back above two pounds. I only used the VQ sear and cleaned up the stock hammer. I also have the VQ trigger but that's it. No disconnector/connector and the magazine disconnect has been removed. I check it on a gauge and it seems good consistent enough.
This sounds brilliant intuitively; I would have never thought of it.  Sounds much better than bending a spring.

Let me measure what I've got now and then I might try it.  Don't want to get sent home from Talladega.
devildog
devildog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down